About Five Good Friends & the role
Five Good Friends, Australia's most innovative home care service is looking for Helpers in Lalor Park, NSW. We have an NDIS Member who is requesting a Helper to provide general in home support, social support and community access. The successful Helper must be experienced and confident in supporting someone living with complex mental health illnesses and an intellectual disability.
If like us, you believe in-home care for our ageing and loved ones needs to change, then please join us in creating a better, brighter future. Bring with you energy, enthusiasm and a passion for making a difference in peoples lives
Tasks and responsibilities
- Visits are Tuesday 10am-3pm, Thursday 1pm-4pm, Friday 11am-2pm
- Companionship - i.e. take member out for coffee, lunch, parks
- Domestic Assistance - i.e. dust, mop, vac, change bed sheets every week
- Driving and Community Access - i.e. shopping or social events
Skills and experience
To be a Five Good Friends 'Helper' you require:
- Experience with managing PTSD/anxiety will be highly regarded
- Relevant experience with Disability Support is essential
- A successful National Police Check
- Certificate III in Aged Care/ Disabilities/Individual Support or above would be beneficial
- Driver's Licence and own vehicle essential
- Your own ABN as an Independent Contractor (or prepared to obtain one)
- Smartphone (Android 5.1 or later/iPhone 4S or later.)
Benefits and perks
- Marketing power of the Five Good Friends platform
- Have the freedom and flexibility to create a schedule that suits your lifestyle
- Build on your own Member base using our company 'Helper get a Member' program.
- Access to Five Good Friends technology to view your schedule, log your hours and communicate with Members/Families/Community Managers.
- Support from your local Community Manager.
- A company that appreciates and values the important work you do
- Company Training provided
- Paid fortnightly into your Bank Account
- Insurance cover by Five Good Friends. (Public Liability, Personal Accident and Professional Indemnity)
If you want to help people in your local community, work flexible hours and be matched to people whose company you enjoy then please apply via the below link: https://www.fountain.com/fivegoodfriends/apply/helper-sydney-nsw?source=Qualifiedcarers