About Five Good Friends
Five Good Friends, Australia’s most innovative home care service, matches Helpers (Support Workers) to local Members within their community. We are looking for a new Support Worker to join our Helper team in Semaphore Park, SA. We have a Member who is looking to be matched with a Greek Speaking Helper who is knowledge about Greek Culture. If successful, you will also have the opportunity to provide support to several of our clients in this area.
If you are kind, friendly, patient and engaging & believe in-home care for our loved ones needs to change, then please join us in creating a better, brighter future.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Visits will commence on Sunday 9:30-11:30am but will increase to Monday for 5 hours & Tuesday for 5 hours
- Personal Care - e.g. showering, dressing, toileting
- Companionship - e.g. keeping people company through friendships, interests and activities
- Medication Support - e.g. medication prompting
- Domestic Assistance - e.g. cleaning the home
Skills and experience required
- Greek Speaking
- Energy and passion for helping people
- More than 1 year experience with personal care support
- A successful National Police Check
- Certificate III in Aged Care/ Disabilities/Individual Support or above is essential
- Driver’s Licence and own vehicle essential
- Your own ABN as an Independent Contractor (or prepared to obtain one)
- Smartphone (Android 5.1 or later/iPhone 4S or later.)
*Please note that this is not an employee role. We subcontract Helpers who operate under their own ABN, as independent contractors.
Benefits and perks
- Marketing power of the Five Good Friends platform
- Have the freedom and flexibility to create a schedule that suits your lifestyle
- Build on your own Member base using our company ‘Helper get a Member’ program.
- Access to Five Good Friends technology to view your schedule, log your hours and communicate with Members/Families/Community Managers.
- Support from your local Community Manager.
- A company that appreciates and values the important work you do
- Company Training provided
- Paid fortnightly into your Bank Account
- Insurance cover by Five Good Friends. (Public Liability, Personal Accident and Professional Indemnity)
How to apply
Please register via the Five Good Friends website: https://www.fountain.com/fivegoodfriends/apply/helper-adelaide?source=Qualifiedcarers