About Five Good Friends
Five Good Friends, Australia’s most innovative home care service, matches Helpers (Support Workers) to local Members within their community. We are looking for a new experienced gardener Support Worker to join our Helper team in Adelaide, SA. Specifically, a helper with a background in Horticulture or has similar interests is preferred. If successful, you will have opportunity to provide support to several of our clients in this area.
If like us, you believe in-home care for our ageing and loved ones needs to change, then please join us in creating a better, brighter future. Bring with you energy, enthusiasm and a passion for making a difference in peoples lives.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Shift times are flexible
- Gardening- Pruning, weeding, repotting and cultivating
- Companionship - e.g. keeping people company through friendships, interests and activities
- Driving Community Access - e.g. driving to appointments, shops, outings if needed
Skills and experience required
- Energy and passion for helping people
- Experience with Gardening
- Preferable Certification in Horticulture
- A successful National Police Check
- Driver’s Licence and own vehicle essential
- Your own ABN as an Independent Contractor (or prepared to obtain one)
- Smartphone (Android 5.1 or later/iPhone 4S or later.)
*Please note that this is not an employee role. We subcontract Helpers who operate under their own ABN, as independent contractors.
Benefits and perks
- Marketing power of the Five Good Friends platform
- Have the freedom and flexibility to create a schedule that suits your lifestyle
- Build on your own Member base using our company ‘Helper get a Member’ program.
- Access to Five Good Friends technology to view your schedule, log your hours and communicate with Members/Families/Community Managers.
- A company that appreciates and values the important work you do
- Company Training provided
- Paid fortnightly into your Bank Account
- Insurance cover by Five Good Friends. (Public Liability, Personal Accident and Professional Indemnity)