About the business and the role
Five Good Friends, Australia's most innovative home care service is looking for NDIS experienced Personal Carers and Support Workers in the Victor Harbour area. If you want to help people in your local community, work flexible hours and be matched to people whose company you enjoy then please apply. Truly consumer directed, transparent and flexible our Members and their families love the Five Good Friends service and the peace of mind the technology provides.
If like us, you believe in-home care for our ageing and loved ones needs to change, then please join us in creating a better, brighter future. Bring with you energy, enthusiasm and a passion for making a difference in peoples lives.
Tasks and responsibilities
Shifts may involve:
- Domestic Assistance - e.g. cleaning, cooking, laundry, shopping
- Personal Care - e.g. showering, dressing,
- Companionship - e.g. keeping people company through friendships, interests and activities
- Driving Community Access - e.g. driving to appointments, shops, outings if needed
Shifts are between 1 - 2.5 hours so we are looking for someone who is in the area and comfortable doing short shifts.
Skills and experience
To be a Five.Good.Friends. 'Helper' you require:
- Energy and passion for helping people
- Relevant experience with Aged Care/Disability Support and a genuine desire to help others
- A successful National Police Check issued less than 12 months ago
- South Australia DCSI clearance issued within the past three years.
- Certificate III in Aged Care/ Disabilities/Individual Support or above would be beneficial
- Driver's License
- Your own ABN as an Independent Contractor (or prepared to obtain one)
- Smartphone (Android 5.1 or later/iPhone 4S or later.)
Benefits and perks
- Marketing power of the Five Good Friends platform
- Have the freedom and flexibility to create a schedule that suits your lifestyle
- Build on your own Member base using our company 'Helper get a Member' program.
- Access to Five Good Friends technology to view your schedule, log your hours and communicate with Members/Families/Community Managers.
- A company that appreciates and values the important work you do
- Company Training provided
- Paid fortnightly into your Bank Account
- Insurance cover by Five Good Friends. (Public Liability, Personal Accident and Professional Indemnity)