Excellent opportunity for Disability Support Workers/Transport Drivers who reside in either Lidcombe, Merrylands or Bankstown areas. Permanent full-time role ensuring the smooth operation of client transport runs and service delivery. Save petrol $$$ on your transit to and from work!
Woodville Alliance (WA) delivers a range of integrated programs and services for people with intellectual and physical disabilities. We provide centre based and non-centre based day services 7 days per week, including evening services. An important part of our service delivery is the provision of transport to and from our services.
The Driver/Disability Support Worker is responsible for the delivery of high quality, person centred services for people with a disability and works day-to-day with clients in understanding and assisting them to achieve their goals. Additionally, this role has responsibility for a transport vehicle which is parked at the worker’s residential address.
The successful candidate will reside in either the Bankstown, Merrylands or Lidcombe area and have private, off-street parking available at their residential address. This can be a driveway, allocated parking space or garage. The vehicle is not for personal use.
- Provision of daily transport to clients, to and from Woodville Alliance centres and activities including responsibility for the safe keeping and day to day maintenance of a Woodville Alliance transport vehicle
- Provision of best practice service including but not limited to support activities such as feeding, personal care, healthy meal preparation and/or provision, positive behaviour support and participation in client activities including hydrotherapy
- Maintain positive working relationships with clients, families, colleagues and stakeholders, providing a high standard of customer service and working in a respectful and professional manner at all times
- Provide appropriate feedback to families/carers and record progress notes as per relevant policies, procedures and work instructions
- Strict adherence to the roster, ensuring availability during award hours (6:00 am – 8:00 pm, weekdays and weekends)
- Commitment to your Duty of Care/WHS requirements and WA policy and procedures including reporting all incidents as they occur, reporting any facility issues or hazards and providing written reports where required
- Commitment to team work and professional development through participation in staff meetings, training and ad-hoc company functions
- Abide by and uphold the NDIS and WA Code of Conduct and adhere to NDIS Practice Standards
- Minimum Certificate III in Disability Work or equivalent
- At least 1 year in a care capacity of people with an intellectual and/or developmental disability
- Current and valid Drivers Licence and ability to safely and confidently drive a 12 seater Toyoya Hiace van
- Agreement and adherence to ‘Disability Support Worker Agreement for assigned WA Transport Vehicle’
- Knowledge of NDIS Practice Standards and NDIS Code of Conduct
- High standard customer service skills including ability to engage with Culturally and Linguistically diverse clients
- A valid Working With Children Check and satisfactory National Police Check
- Residing in either the Bankstown, Lidcombe or Merrylands area with own private, off-street parking
HOW TO APPLY
Please click apply to send your resume and letter addressing the essential criteria by COB Monday 9th November 2020. Please include your current residential address. For any enquiries, or to request to view the Driver DSW Agreement or Position Description, call Tishia Boulton-Bell on 02 9722 5213. Please note applications that do not address the essential criteria will not be considered. Recruitment agencies, please do not contact for this role.
Woodville Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer and our work has always been underpinned by a strong commitment to social justice. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultural backgrounds and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.