Are you a care and support professional looking for contract work with a client?
We are looking for passionate and dedicated Support Workers to join our team and assist us with our goal of lifting the standards of care provided in the community.
Responsibilities and Duties
The role will encompass responsibilities related to:
- Supporting clients to regulate their emotions.
- Supporting clients with personal care and mealtime support.
- Maintaining client’s personal hygiene and well-being.
- Providing active support for clients assisting them to develop their general living skills.
- Providing support to access the community and recreation programs.
- Providing general supervision and general administration tasks.
Ideally, you will be passionate about helping people and making a positive impact in the community.
You will need strong communication skills and experience in applying effective ways of teaching people to increase their social living skills.
You will have:
- A current National Police Clearance Certificate
- A current First Aid Certificate
- ABN and Eligible working rights in Australia
- A current driver’s license and a fully insured and reliable motor vehicle
- Contemporary office skills including operating Microsoft Office environment
Qualifications and Skills
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Minimum Certificate III in Aged Care, Disability Support, or relevant industry qualification
- Minimum of 1 year experience working with people with aggressive/challenging behaviours.
- Experience working with adults with mental illness, and/or behaviours of concern.
- Must have Lifter Hoist and Manual handling training.
If you are passionate about changing people’s lives for the better and would like to work with an impressive organisation committed to lifting the standards of care provided in the community, then we would like to hear from you. Apply now to forward a copy of your CV for consideration.