About Five Good Friends & the opportunity...
Five Good Friends, Australia's most innovative home care service is looking for Disability Support Workers and Helpers in Longford Tasmania. Are you looking for an opportunity where you....
- Help people in your local community to live a quality life at home and achieve their NDIS goals
- Have the freedom and flexibility to create a schedule that suits your lifestyle
- Build your own Member base as an independent contractor and choose who you will be matched with and the services you want to provide
- Flexibility to set rates which reflect your skills and experience.
If this sounds like you please join us in creating a better, brighter future for our Members. Be part of the revolution that is transforming the way people are cared for in our country.
How does the Five Good Friends Platform work? Click here to watch a video which explains how you're matched with Members, insurances, rates and more about what it means to be Helper.
Here's how you will be helping
We have a member who is looking for extra supports to continue living as independently as possible in his own home. The member enjoys keeping active and meeting new people, so someone who is flexible, calming and empathetic would be a great match. The member would also enjoy a Helper who is supportive of the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Visits available: Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 12-3
- Companionship - e.g. providing company through friendships, interests and activities
- Driving and Community Access - e.g. driving to appointments, shops, outings if needed
- Home Administration - e.g. booking appointments, organising special events, support with technology
What is needed to apply for this opportunity
- Your own ABN as an Independent Contractor (or prepared to obtain one)
- A successful National Police Check issued within the past 2.5years (or willing to apply)
- NDIS Background Screening Check (or prepared to obtain one)
- Yellow Card (disability services positive notice card)
- Relevant State based NDIS Worker Screening Check or equivalent
- Certificate III in Disability or Individual Support or above will be highly advantageous
- Driver's License and own vehicle
- Relevant professional experience with Aged Care/Disability Support
- Mental health experience, Disability Support experience and experience with challenging behaviours
- Smartphone to use the Five Good Friends App Lookout