About Five Good Friends & the opportunity...
Five Good Friends, Australia's most innovative home care service is looking for Personal Carers and Helpers in Mernda, VIC and surrounds. Are you looking for an opportunity where you....
- Help people in your local community to live a quality life at home
- Have the freedom and flexibility to create a schedule that suits your lifestyle
- Build your own Member base as an independent contractor and choose who you will be matched with and the services you want to provide
- Flexibility to set rates which reflect your skills and experience.
If this sounds like you please join us in creating a better, brighter future for our Members. Be part of the revolution that is transforming the way people are cared for in our country.
How does the Five Good Friends Platform work? Click here to watch a video which explains how you're matched with Members, insurances, rates and more about what it means to be Helper.
Here's how you will be helping
We have a member in Mernda, VIC who will be requiring support 2 hours a day for 3 days per week, with Companionship, Domestic Assistance and Personal Care. These hours could increase in the future, however there are also additional visits and hours available, if you are willing to travel to South Yarra (24 hour visits)
- Personal Care - e.g. showering, dressing
- Medication Support - e.g assisting with prompting for medication
- Manual Handling - e.g. transfers, use of hoist and other equipment
- Domestic Assistance - e.g. cleaning, cooking, laundry, shopping
- Companionship - e.g. providing company through friendships, interests and activities
- Driving and Community Access - e.g. driving to appointments, shops, outings if needed
- Home Administration - e.g. booking appointments, organising special events, support with technology
- Yard Maintenance - e.g. mowing, weeding, yard tidy
- Home Maintenance - e.g changing light bulbs, smoke alarm batteries, or fixing a gate latch
What is needed to apply for this opportunity
- Your own ABN as an Independent Contractor (or prepared to obtain one)
- A successful National Police Check issued within the past 2.5years (or willing to apply)
- Certificate III in Aged Care/ Disabilities/Individual Support or above would be beneficial
- Driver's License and own vehicle highly desirable
- Relevant professional experience with Aged Care/Disability Support
- Relevant State Based Background Checks
- Smartphone to use the Five Good Friends App Lookout