About Five Good Friends & the opportunity...
Five Good Friends, Australia's most innovative home care service is looking for a Disability Support Worker (Helper) to support a Member living at Coombabah, QLD. Are you looking for an opportunity where you....
- Help people in your local community to live a quality life at home and achieve their NDIS goals
- Have the freedom and flexibility to create a schedule that suits your lifestyle
- Build your own Member base as an independent contractor and choose who you will be matched with and the services you want to provide
- Flexibility to set rates which reflect your skills and experience.
If this sounds like you please join us in creating a better, brighter future for our Members. Be part of the revolution that is transforming the way people are cared for in our country.
Here's how you will be helping
We are looking for an experienced Support Worker to match with a new Member living on the Gold Coast. This Member is from a Maori background and is looking for a Helper who shares this background. He enjoys going to car shows, watching television and has a love for Rugby. The Member has a very supportive family who will work closely with the Helper to gain the best outcomes.
- Visits available: There will be weekday visits available (flexible days and times) to introduce the new Helper to the Member whilst the Family is home & a Saturday visit 9am to 5pm
- Companionship: Engage with the Member, provide companionship and encourage him to partake in his hobbies and interests
- Driving & Community Access: The Helper will go on outings with the Member and provide social support
- Meal Preparation: The Helper will assist the Member with meal planning, grocery shopping and preparing lunch or dinner
- General household domestic duties: The family will prepare a list of the specific tasks the Member can attend to with the encouragement from his Helper
What is needed to apply for this opportunity
- Your own ABN as an Independent Contractor (or prepared to obtain one)
- A successful National Police Check issued within the past 2.5years (or willing to apply)
- NDIS Worker Screening Check (i.e. Yellow Card)
- Certificate III in Disability or Individual Support or above would be beneficial
- Driver's License and own vehicle required
- Disability Support Experience & Experience with Challenging Behaviours required
- Smartphone to use the Five Good Friends App Lookout
Please note: There is a dog in the home, so the Helper will need to be comfortable with this
How does the Five Good Friends Platform work? Click here to watch a video which explains how you're matched with Members, insurances, rates and more about what it means to be Helper.