Are you a care and support professional looking for contract work in a group home?
We are progressively expanding our services and as such we are currently seeking for passionate and dedicated Support Workers to join our team as contractors and assist us with our goal of lifting the standards of care provided in the community.
Responsibilities and Duties
The role will encompass responsibilities related to:
- Supporting clients to regulate their emotions
- Supporting clients with personal care and mealtime support
- Providing active support for clients assisting them to develop their general living skills
- Providing support to access the community and recreation programs
- Where required supporting clients with personal care and mealtime support
- Providing general supervision and general administration tasks
As a team member you will need to:
- show initiative
- have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- be empathetic and caring
- be resilient and adaptable
- committed to providing exceptional quality care to clients
You will have:
- A current National Police Clearance Certificate
- A current First Aid and CPR Certificate
- Eligible working rights in Australia
- A current driver’s license and a fully insured and reliable motor vehicle
- Contemporary office skills including operating Microsoft Office environment
Qualifications and Skills
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Minimum Certificate III in Disability Support or relevant industry qualification
- Minimum of 1 year experience working with people with High/ challenging behaviors
- Experience working with clients /participants with mobility issues is a must!
- Must have Hoist and Manual handling training
If you are passionate about changing people’s lives for the better and would like to work with an impressive organisation committed to lifting the standards of care provided in the community, then we would like to hear from you. Apply now to forward a copy of your CV for consideration.