Come and join Australia’s most innovative and dynamic home health organisation.
We're Five Good Friends and we're an approved aged care and registered NDIS service provider. We help our clients live vibrantly in their own homes by wrapping a care team around them and their families. Our software gently coordinates in the background so care teams can do their best work and our clients get exceptional outcomes.
Good people using friendly software is how we do care differently and the reason why we're invited back into the homes of our clients over 15,000 times a month. We began four years ago in QLD and today we provide services in NSW, VIC, and SA too.
We are growing every day and providing more home care to aged care and NDIS participants. We're looking for great care workers to partner with us to provide exceptional care and experiences that are personalised to the goals of the individual.
If you believe support for our loved ones needs to change, then please join us in creating a better, brighter, future by applying for our Helper/Community Support roles.
About the job
Be the first to register your interest for our upcoming new community in Coffs Harbour!
We set you up with a Helper profile where you can offer to provide a ranged of home care services to Members including domestic assistance, personal care, companionship, driving and community access and home administration.
As an independent contractor you will receive opportunities via the our App for matches with Members who have varying support needs. Visits may range from 1hr to 24hours depending on the needs of the Member.
To give a better idea of the day to day here are some recent examples
- Helped a member plan meals for the week and then cooked up some delicious and nutritious dinners they can heat up easily by themselves.
- Drove the member to his weekly swimming lesson and then went to see a movie at the local cinema. Collected some grocery shopping on the way home.
- Supported a member to get ready for the day with a morning shower, getting dressed and helping style her hair and makeup.
- Made the Member's bathroom sparkling clean. Put the dirty laundry into the washing machine, folded and then put away as per how the Member likes it.
- Prompted the Member to take their medication and checked all scripts were up to date.
- Spent the day getting on top of a members outstanding home administration including paying some bills, booking a doctors appointment and organising an outing with her grandchildren.
- Watered the garden, cleared the leaves on the pathway and mowed the back yard for the Member.
- Went for a bushwalk with the Member and their dog.
- Checked the smoke alarm batteries and fixed the front gate latch for the Member.
As you can see a Five Good Friends helper role is diverse and dynamic. No day is the same. If this sounds like you, join us in creating a better brighter future for our Members. Be part of the revolution that is transforming the way people are cared for in Australia.
About the Five Good Friends Platform
Click here to watch a video which explains how you're matched with Members, insurances, rates and more about what it means to be Helper.
- Keeping people healthy and happy in the homes they love is what lights your fire. You love to learn what will make a difference to the quality of their lives and help them achieve their goals.
- You are tired of the traditional models of care and are keen to embrace a new, innovative and dynamic model of care.
- You are driven to run you own care business and enjoy the flexibility to choose the hours you work.
- You are eager to build your own Member base as an independent contractor and choose who you will be matched with and the services you want to provide.
- You want the flexibility to set rates which reflect your skills and experience.
- You are punctual, well presented, adaptable and respect that our Members welcome you into their home every day.
What you need
- Your own ABN as an Independent Contractor (or prepared to obtain one)
- A successful National Police Check issued within the past 2.5years (or willing to apply) and NDIS Worker Screening Check if applicable.
- Certificate III in Aged Care/ Disabilities/Individual Support will mean we can offer you more matches but is not essential.
- Driver's License and own vehicle
- Smartphone to use the Five Good Friends App Lookout
How to apply