This position is a key member of the Services team and is responsible for providing high-quality nursing care and support to meet the changing clinical needs of clients. This position will assist clients in their home environment and provide comprehensive and accurate nursing assessments, undertake case management of clients and apply expert clinical knowledge to care plans.
- Assessment and Care planning • In consultation with clients, carers and families facilitate care assessment, care planning and review
- Manage any identified risks within principles of Positive Approach to Challenging Behaviours and Duty of Care, Dignity of Risk
- Development and maintenance of all documentation in client management systems
- Work within legislated NDIS and CDC frameworks
- Contribute to quality processes such as management of client feedback Clinical practice
- Coordinate, supervise and monitor the delivery of care by care staff (including but not limited to EN’s, HCW’s and other support staff) and delegate tasks appropriately.
- Communicate and liaise with the client GP and other Allied Health Professionals.
- Administer all medications in accordance with the GP’s prescribed orders.
- Perform all clinical practice in a manner that complies with all relevant legislation, common law, regulatory requirements and professional standards affecting nursing practice.
- Maintain registration requirements of AHPRA and adhere to all legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Be aware of and comply with legislation and organisational requirements relating to Workplace Health and Safety and infection control.
- Demonstrate contemporary nursing knowledge and skills by maintaining practice standards in alignment with the professional registration requirement
Current Practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with AHPRA
First Aid certificate CPR certificate
Current Working with Children Check
Current Police check (or willing to obtain)
For further information about this role, please contact us: