BE PART OF A TEAM!
Only Care (on behalf of The Co-Group Limited) is looking for experienced Community Support Workers to work in our Connect Care Supported Independent Living (SIL) Homes and with Clients in the Community.
With a high level of service delivered by an invested team of Support Workers who are caring, respectful and compassionate, we aspire to support the improvement of the quality of life for people living with a disability. You will be able to take an active role in enabling individuals with disabilities to reach and exceed their potential.
You will need to be a strong team player and work well with all individuals. The successful candidate is expected to contribute positively to the implementation of our Vision and Mission, operate in a collaborative team setting, maintain high productivity levels and quality of work.
Each day will look a little different, but your Key Responsibilities will always include:
· Working to create a pleasant home environment
· Maximising independence and confidence for our clients’ by supporting them to access the community
· Implement routines and structures through positive role modelling
· Providing support to Clients with personal care, living skills, transport, social activities, medication administration, medical appointments and all other supports that are needed
· Keeping documentation (paper and online systems) up to date on a daily basis
· Collaborating with team members and Management
· Ability to liaise and communicate affectively and build effective professional relationships with Clients’, their families, formal and informal stakeholders
· Certificate IV or Diploma in Disability (or Aged/Individual Support) Care, Mental Health. (NB: equivalent overseas Nursing/Clinical or related qualifications will be considered)
· (24+ months paid Australian) Experience with supporting Clients with manual handling/hoisting
· Experience in working with Clients with Complex Behaviours, Mental Health Diagnoses, Intellectual Disabilities and ASD
· Full NSW Drivers Licence and own vehicle
· Medication assistance/management skills
· National Police Check (dated within the past year)
· Current Working with Children’s Check
· Current First Aid and CPR Certificate
· 1st Dose COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate
· Intermediate computer skills
· Understanding of WHS
· Good written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
· The ability to have fun at work
Benefits and Perks:
· You will have the opportunity to work for a growing organisation with a supportive Management Team
· You will have the opportunity to work a variety of shifts between Community Based Clients and SIL Group Home Clients
· Our SIL Group Homes shifts are rostered 24/7 providing staff with opportunity to work flexible shifts. To provide staff with the best work-life balance, shifts may include a combination of mornings, evenings, nights, active awake shifts and weekends.
· Full staff support and regular 1:1 follow up meetings
· Salary Packaging
We aim to deliver the highest possible quality care and are looking for people who want to be part of a company that has a growing reputation for service excellence. So, if reading this has you nodding your head agreeing with yourself that you meet all the above requirements and feel that you are a great candidate for this position then do not hesitate, submit your resume and cover letter today.
Please complete our recruitment page:
‘We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted’