Hi there, we're Five Good Friends, an approved aged care and registered NDIS service provider. Five Good Friends’ mission is to allow all Australians to live extraordinary lives in the homes and communities that they love.
We pride ourselves on providing our Members (customers) with more control, magic technology and exceptional service. This is why we’re invited back into their homes nationally over 25000 times a month!
But we can only do this with the support of our exceptional network of carers (we call Helpers).
At Five Good Friends, we provide a platform Helpers love, is easy to join and acts as a gateway to a great network of Members and fellow Helpers. We'll support you with everything you need to succeed as a sole trader on our platform.
Five Good Friends strives to form high quality, long-lasting connections between Members and their Helpers. Our Helpers are the magic that binds the network together.
We understand it is essential to wrap our arms around Helpers to ensure they feel supported and can focus on doing their best work. We genuinely value our Helpers and have a dedicated Helper support team providing guidance every step of the way.
From the moment you apply to join our platform we offer opportunities for ongoing learning and development to help grow your Member base. We have brilliant technology that allows you to do the best work possible.
About the Opportunity
We seek flexible and reliable Community Support Workers to provide care, support and assistance to a high number of lovely Members located in the suburbs of North Lakes, QLD
What might my days look like?
Our platform matches Helpers (Support Workers and Carers) with Members living in the community based on skills, shared interests and personality fit.
You will work with both NDIS and aged care members to provide a range of support, including:
· Personal Care - e.g. showering, dressing, medication assistance, manual handling
· Domestic Assistance - e.g. cleaning, cooking, laundry, shopping, light gardening
· Companionship - e.g. providing company through friendships, interests and activities
· Driving and Community Access - e.g. driving to appointments, shops, outings if needed
· Buddying with Helpers to support their learning and development and provide handovers when introducing a new Helper match.
What is needed to apply for this opportunity?
· Your own ABN as an Independent Contractor (or prepared to obtain one)
· A successful National Police Check issued within the past 2.5 years OR a current NDIS Worker Screening Check.
· Certificate III in Aged Care/Disabilities/Individual Support or higher (or studying) will be highly regarded.
· Full training and assessment can be provided for personal care, manual handling and basic medication support to suitable applicants.
· Fully Covid-19 vaccinated (both doses) is required
· Driver's License and own vehicle required
· Smartphone to use the Five Good Friends app, Lookout
We value the work that Helpers do and reward them for doing so. Could you be our next all-star helper?
If this sounds like you, please join us in creating a better, brighter future for our Members’. Be part of the revolution transforming the way people are cared for in Australia.
We want to create a place where people love what they do, feel valued, supported and in control. It needs to be just as magical for Helpers as it is for the Members receiving support.
Let us show you our magic so that you can bring yours!