I am looking to hire two highly motivated and passionate diploma or degree qualified male disability care workers or male Allied Health nurses (one for the morning shift and one for the evening shift) for my 80-year old disabled father. My father needs complete and total in-home care. The right candidates must have at least 3-5 years demonstrated experience in providing care, nursing and personal support in the aged care sector, specifically aged care of people with disabilities.
My father is a heart patient, diabetic, dually incontinent and wheelchair-bound.
The following duties must be performed:
- Bathing (including shaving/grooming);
- Support in toileting;
- Helping him undress and wear his clothes, including his incontinence aids pull-ups;
- Changing his bed-absorbent sheets and changing bedsheets and making the bed when required;
- Administration of his medications;
- Complete diabetic management, including administration of insulin four times a day;
- Cleaning the entire 4 bedroom house (vacuuming, mopping and cleaning two bathrooms);
- Supporting my mother in doing groceries;
- Supporting my mother in the kitchen (such as chopping vegetables, salad and meat);
- Meal preparation;
- Driving my parents to any medical or specialist appointments in any part of the Greater Sydney area;
- Any other reasonable duty as directed;
- Must hold relevant qualifications (ideally a Diploma of Nursing, graduate certificate or diploma in Disability Practice); candidates with Certificate III or IV in Disability or in Individual Support (Ageing, Home and Community) will be considered;
- At least 3-5 years experience in providing disability care and support to people with disabilities;
- Must be well-presented, polite and have a strong work ethic;
- Must be flexible with the required working hours;
- Must have own transport, a valid Australian driver's licence and be a competent driver;
- Must have a valid Working with Children Check Registration and a recent criminal record check result.
- 10+ years of Allied Health nursing experience;
- Filipino background;
The working days are Monday to Friday with occasional weekend work. Penalty rates will be paid on weekend shifts. The working hours are in two shifts for two care workers: (1) Morning 8am to 2pm; (2) Evening 4pm to 10pm.
To apply, please email me the following at email@example.com:
- Your recent CV;
- Certified copies of your qualifications;
- Certified copy of your valid Working with Children Check Registration;
- Result of your Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check which must not be earlier than 05th July 2022;